Food Network’s hit show The Great Food Truck Race is now casting is currently casting for their 8th season. If you have ever dreamed of owning your own food truck now is your chance. Details are below!
*** Details of the Show ***
In short, it is a cooking competition tv show for individuals (teams of 3) who dream of opening and running their very own food truck, they do not need to own a food truck for the competition. The winner receives their very own food truck and cash prize!!
Those interested can submit their answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Names, ages, and city/state of all three teammates (note: it is ideal if you and your teammates live in the same location)
2. Tell us about the personalities of you and your teammates
3. What is the proposed concept for your food truck? Please list potential menu items in detail
4. What would your food truck be called? Why?
5. What skills do you each bring to the team (cooking/selling/marketing etc)?
6. What is your relationship to your two teammates?
7. Send a few photos of you and the teammates (separate photos are ok)
8. Contact info for all three teammates (phone and email!)
With James Cameron’s input, Toruk – The First Flight is a prequeal to AVATAR, and takes 27 semi trucks full of props and equipment to pull off this visually stunning traveling show.
The show takes place in the majestic land of Pandora, thousands of years prior to AVATAR. This stage production follows two adolescent Omaticaya boys who are courageously trying to save the Tree of Souls from a natural disaster. In order to keep the tree safe they must travel through the Floating Mountains and find the red and orange predator, Toruk, who rules the Pandoran sky.
If you have ever experienced a Cirque du Soleil show you know the talent, detail and theatrical phenomenon these shows entail. The majority of the magnificent Cirque du Soleil shows primarily run in Las Vegas with a select few that tour different cities. How Wichita got lucky enough to get a stop on their tour I will never know. How exciting to have such worldwide sensation grace our town.
I am set to check out the show on January 26 and have a giveaway courtesy of the show for two 2-packs for the Jan 26 show as well! I also have a special link that gets you a $10 discount on tickets should you not win the giveaway but still want to go tot he show. This link discounts Scale 1 and 2 lower bowl. Tickets to the show would make a great gift this time of year for the AVATAR fan in your life. Full price and other seat section tickets can be purchased here.
To enter the giveaway for the tickets just comment below if you have ever seen a Cirque du Soleil show. Contest will end midnight December 20. Two winners will chosen using random.org. Each winner will receive 2 tickets. Winners will be notified via email. Tickets will be available under winners name at the Intrust Bank Arena will call booth the night of the show.
February is American Heart Month and KC can residents can participate by dining out and eating heart-healthy. Thanks to Shawnee Mission Health’s (SMH) partnership with several area restaurants, diners will be able to order dishes that are deliciously good for the heart.
Throughout the month of February, Grand Street Café, Blue Moose Bar & Grill, Barley’s Brewhaus, Story, Tavern at Mission Farms, Tavern in the Village and YaYa’s Euro Bistro will offer dishes that are low in fat and sodium and other ingredients that may increase risk of heart disease.
For each heart-healthy dish enjoyed by consumers, these restaurants will donate 10 percent to the Shawnee Mission Heart & Vascular Center to support various programs throughout the community, including CPR education in schools, women’s heart health and more.
The heart-healthy dishes being featured by SMH’s restaurant partners throughout February include:
· Roasted Beet Panzanella Salad with spiced cider braised apples, candied walnuts, goat cheese, toasted walnut raisin bread, arugula with an apple cider vinaigrette (Grand Street Café, Lenexa and Plaza)
· Superfood Kale Salad with Grilled Salmon with tender kale, carrots and cherry tomatoes tossed in homemade sesame soy ginger vinaigrette, topped with soy ginger quinoa, blueberries, dried nori and grilled salmon (Blue Moose Bar & Grill and Barley’s Brewhaus Kansas City metro locations)
· Arctic Char with hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, broccoli, jasmine rice and a mushroom cream sauce (Story, Prairie Village)