February is American Heart Month and KC can residents can participate by dining out and eating heart-healthy. Thanks to Shawnee Mission Health’s (SMH) partnership with several area restaurants, diners will be able to order dishes that are deliciously good for the heart.
Throughout the month of February, Grand Street Café, Blue Moose Bar & Grill, Barley’s Brewhaus, Story, Tavern at Mission Farms, Tavern in the Village and YaYa’s Euro Bistro will offer dishes that are low in fat and sodium and other ingredients that may increase risk of heart disease.
For each heart-healthy dish enjoyed by consumers, these restaurants will donate 10 percent to the Shawnee Mission Heart & Vascular Center to support various programs throughout the community, including CPR education in schools, women’s heart health and more.
The heart-healthy dishes being featured by SMH’s restaurant partners throughout February include:
· Roasted Beet Panzanella Salad with spiced cider braised apples, candied walnuts, goat cheese, toasted walnut raisin bread, arugula with an apple cider vinaigrette (Grand Street Café, Lenexa and Plaza)
· Superfood Kale Salad with Grilled Salmon with tender kale, carrots and cherry tomatoes tossed in homemade sesame soy ginger vinaigrette, topped with soy ginger quinoa, blueberries, dried nori and grilled salmon (Blue Moose Bar & Grill and Barley’s Brewhaus Kansas City metro locations)
· Arctic Char with hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, broccoli, jasmine rice and a mushroom cream sauce (Story, Prairie Village)
· Fresh Grilled Salmon topped with pineapple salsa over a bed of sautéed kale and quinoa with grilled asparagus and red bell peppers (Tavern at Mission Farms and Tavern in the Village)
· 5 Grain Idaho Trout Salad with quinoa, amaranth, kaniwa, millet, farro, curry vinaigrette, lacinato kale, baby spinach, orange supreme, blood orange gastique, roasted butternut squash and grilled Idaho trout fillet (YaYa’s Euro Bistro, Overland Park)