2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups Zen Sweet monk fruit sweetener
4 whole eggs
1 cup skyr style plain yogurt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
3 cups grated carrots
2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
12 ounces yogurt cream cheese (recipe below)
3 cups Zen Sweet powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
1. Method for cake: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated and becomes a thick batter. Place in greased 9×13 baking baking dish. Bake 45-60 minutes. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
2. While cake is baking prepare frosting
3. Method for frosting: Take 12 ounces of yogurt cream cheese and place in mixing bowl
4. Add powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and milk. Beat with stand up mixer or hand beater until smooth.
5. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
6. Straining Yogurt Technique: Equipment and Ingredients 4 Six Ounce Containers of Thor’s Skyr Plain Yogurt. Cheesecloth, Strainer, Deep Bowl. Method: Line strainer with cheesecloth. Pour yogurt into cheesecloth. Pull up cheesecloth around yogurt. Place strainer over a mixing bowl to catch liquid (a salad spinner can work good as it is a strainer and bowl in one.) Place in refrigerator and let set for two – three days. 24 ounces yogurt will yield 12- 15 ounces strained. The longer it sits the less it yields as more liquid will be released. Once desired firmness is obtained remove yogurt from cheesecloth and store in container and use as desired. Keep in mind to check the expiration date of the container before transferring onto the cheesecloth as use by date will remain the same. Place a paper towel in storage container if yogurt starts to lose the desired firmness.
7. Once cake is cooled completely, frost as desired. Serve immediately.
8. Store leftovers in refrigerator as the yogurt frosting is a milk product.