Whether you are one who makes New Year’s Resolutions or not, Whole Foods Market can get your 2016 off to a tasty fresh start.
Mine is to eat more greens and I love Whole Foods Market Fig Balsamic Dressing and their selection of fresh greens to make a variety of salads.
Whole Foods Market offers a variety of dressing to make any salad please your palate.
This dressing is the perfect accompaniment to my Roasted Butternut Squash Salad. This salad includes my maple glazed walnuts. These candied walnuts are made with just pure maple syrup with a sprinkle sea salt and taste as decadent as those higher calorie ones loaded with sugar!
If you hosting a super bowl party, Whole Foods Market has everything you need to put on a great spread. Pick up some pre made salsas, guacamole and their addictive house made tortilla chips that are sure to please everybody without any of the work!
If you are looking to be a little healthier and want to take a stab at the up and coming food trend of eating raw, Whole Foods Market website has a variety of recipes.
Below are some tips and recipes from Whole Foods Market to make your 2016 the tastiest it can be!
I’ve also included my Roasted Butternut Squash Salad recipe and wish to thank Whole Foods for supplying me with a gift card to purchase the ingredients.
The prepared foods in the produce section should include pre packaged butternut squash cut and ready to use. Just open the package and toss with a little olive oil and salt and pepper then roast in oven.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
1 package pre washed spinach or greens of choice
1 pre cut package butternut squash
Goat cheese to taste
Maple Glazed Walnuts to taste
Red onion to taste
Dried cherries or cranberries to taste
Whole Foods Market Fig Balsamic dressing to taste
Toss pre cut squash with salt and pepper and olive oil. Roast at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
Whole Foods Market tips, recipes and guide to make your 2016 delicious!
FRESH START FOODS:
Sometimes, the most daunting part about deciding to make a “fresh start” when it comes to food is knowing where to begin and what to shop for. Whole Foods Market makes is super easy, especially if you shop the store looking for our Start Healthy signs on foods we know are good tasting and good for you. Below are some other pointers on making that fresh start:
• EAT WHOLE FOODS – Keep an eye out for whole, fresh, natural, organic, local, seasonal, unrefined and unprocessed foods – at Whole Foods Market, our grocery department uses the above food attributes as the cornerstone of our offerings, making eating whole food effortless.
• HEALTHY FATS – Avocados, seeds and nuts are great sources of healthy fats and keep you full for hours.
• STOCK A HEALTHIER PANTRY – We know how easy it is to grab whatever you have at home to satisfy a snack craving. Make it a healthy no-brainer next time by keeping healthy, unprocessed foods at the ready. Start your year on a healthy path with these clean and delicious products, many of which are vegan and gluten-free! Please
These products are the top 10 new favorites.
1. 365 Everyday Value® Woven Wheats® Baked Crackers – Made with just whole wheat and salt!
2. 365 Everyday Value® Organic Pasta Sauce – Made with Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil; Organic Diced Tomatoes and no added sugar.
3. 365 Everyday Value® Sedona Sunset Fruit & Seed Mix Limited Edition – Sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, apple fruit drops.
4. 365 Everyday Value® Freeze Dried Fruits – Available in a variety of all-fruit flavors: Raspberries, Blueberries, Bananas, Granny Smith Apple, Mango, Strawberry, Pineapples
5. 365 Everyday Value® Organic Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing – Found in the refrigerated section – not heat-treated. You may also like the following:
• 365 Everyday Value® Organic Creamy Caesar Dressing
• 365 Everyday Value® Organic Buttermilk Dressing
• 365 Everyday Value® Organic Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
• 365 Everyday Value® Organic Sweet Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
• 365 Everyday Value® Balsamic Vinaigrette
6. Whole Foods Market™ Organic 0% Plain Low-fat Greek Yogurt – No added flavoring.
7. 365 Everyday Value® Organic Quinoa with Vegetables – Organic white quinoa, zucchini, sweet potato and red quinoa. These are ready in a steamable bag within 5 minutes!
8. Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Organic Sprouted Ancient Grains Tortilla – Made solely from organic sprouted grains: Millet, Barley, Quinoa, Lentils and more. That means no flour!
9. Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Poblano Black Bean Burgers – Wholesome, non-GMO ingredients shine in these southwestern-style burgers that are gluten-free and free of cholesterol and saturated fats.
10. Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Traditional Hummus – Creamy and delicious, low-fat, low-sodium with no added oils!
Eating raw means eating closer to nature – something we think we can all get behind in our region! Raw means foods that are both uncooked and unprocessed. Any while that might not sound too exciting, eating raw can be incredibly delicious while being well-balanced in nutrients.
Easy to find raw foods include organic fresh fruit and vegetables, sprouts, seeds and nuts, beans, dried fruit, fresh lettuce or seaweed, seasonings and natural sweeteners – this means almost endless possibilities when it comes to meal creation!
Below are some other tips on eating raw in 2016:
• EDUCATE YOURSELF – Being prepared and knowing what you’re looking for before you walk into the store will make eating raw easier. Better yet, ask any of the experts in Whole Foods Market and we’d be happy to show you around and help you pick out your best raw!
• EAT LOTS OF GREENS AND VEGGIES – Not only do greens and veggies contain the minerals your body needs, they also provide a great base for experimenting with recipes and meal planning when going raw
• LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE – If making a commitment to eat raw, do your body even better by making sure you get enough sleep, drink plenty of water and exercise daily. Living a healthy life in every sense of the word will make 2016 the best yet!
THINKING AHEAD TO BIG GAME:
With The Big Game happening on February 7th, let Whole Foods Market do the heavy lifting. As you gear up, remember you can be ready to host your fans in no time:
• PREPARED FOODS – From wings to salsas and house-made guacamoles infused with Sriracha, chiles and more, we’ve got you covered when it comes to “grab and go” game-day favorites in our Prepared Foods section.
• INSTACART – depending on where you live, Instacart’s delivery on demand is the ultimate in stress-free party hosting!
Below are some of our favorite game day recipes if you’re feeling a little bit more culinary: