Gordon Biersch in Park Place now open
Gordon Biersch is now open in the Leawood’s Park Place shopping center. To read more about all the offerings at Gordon Biersch click here.
More information from the official press release is below. Photos are courtesy of pitchengine.
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant opened its doors on September 26, 2011 as the only brewery restaurant in Leadwood’s Park Place. Designed to complement their signature lager beers, the Gordon Biersch menu consists of appetizers and entrees with bold international flavors influenced by a variety of cuisines.
The first Gordon Biersch restaurant opened over twenty years ago in Palo Alto, Cali. and has since grown into a chain of over 30 locations in the United States. The Leawood location will be the second Gordon Biersch restaurant in the Kansas City metro. The first location is in Kansas City’s Power and Light District and opened in March 2008. Park Place is one of the only multi-purpose developments in Leawood and is currently entering its second phase of construction.
Toast to Health
Gordon Biersch has partnered with Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired (CCVI) for the events surrounding the Leawood opening. CCVI’s mission is to prepare children with visual impairments, including those with multiple disabilities, to reach their highest potential in the sighted world.
Beers of Interest
Gordon Biersch produces six authentic lagers: Golden Export, Hefeweizen, Czech Pilsner, Märzen (Maert-zen), Schwarzbier, and a rotating seasonal offering. These signature lagers have been recognized at the Great American Beer Festival and the World Beer Cup competitions. Gordon Biersch adheres to Reinheitsgebot (Rine-HEIGHT-ski-bot’) the German Purity Law that dates back to 1516 which declares beer can only be made with three ingredients: barley, hops and water. Interestingly, at the time no one knew that yeast was involved in the process, it was in the air, so yeast has since been added as the fourth ingredient. For the first time ever at a Gordon Biersch restaurant, the Leawood location will have a vast variety of draft beers available from peer breweries in addition to the signature Gordon Biersch beers, including Boulevard Brewing Company, Rock Bottom Brewery and Boulder Brewing Company.
The menu at Gordon Biersch tempts guests with dishes such as their signature Garlic Fries, Southwest Egg Rolls, Gorgonzola Bone-In Ribeye, Barbecued Salmon, and the Grilled Chicken Cashew Salad (menu available). Gordon Biersch now also offers several low calorie options, most of which are less than 575 calories, including the Creole Chicken, Moroccan Salmon, Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry, Margarita Steak and more. Gordon Biersch also offers a kid’s menu available with entrées for only $4.95. A vegetarian menu is available upon request.
Lunch and dinner daily. Distinctive items include:
• Southwest Egg Rolls
• Lobster Bisque
• Southern Fried Chicken Salad
• Grilled Chicken Cashew Salad
• Garlic Fries
• Crispy Artichoke Hearts
• Brewer’s Chicken
• Lobster and Shrimp Mac ‘N Cheese
• Signature Made-From-Scratch Pizzas
• Flame Grilled KC Strip
• Bistro Steak Medallions & Crab Stuffed Shrimp
• Märzen Barbecue Burger
• Teriyaki Chicken & Tempura Shrimp Combo
• Pasta Jambalaya
• Barbecued Salmon
• Miso Chilean Sea Bass
• Warm Apple Bread Pudding
• Mini Dessert Tasters
Happy Hours Re-Defined
Appetizer Specials – available Monday through Friday, 4:00-7:00 p.m., and every day, 10:00 p.m.-close.
$5 Items include: Southwest Egg Rolls, Tapas, Housemade Chips, Potato Chip Nachos, Signature Garlic Fries, Mini Pizzas, BBQ Pork Sliders, Mediterranean Flatbread, Rosemary Chicken Flatbread, and Fried Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
$7 items include: Quick Fried Calamari, Shrimp & Chicken Potstickers, Crab and Artichoke Dip, and Crab Stuffed Shrimp
$11 Combos: Southwest Combo – BBQ Pork Sliders, Southwest Egg Rolls, and Signature Garlic Fries. Slider Combo – BBQ Pork Sliders, Kobe Sliders and Signature Garlic Fries. Asian Fusion Combo – Southwest Egg Rolls, Fried Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce, and Shrimp & Chicken Potstickers
Beverage Specials – available all day as specified:
Sunday: $2.00 off all Gordon Biersch Signature Lagers, $3.00 Mimosas, and $5.00 Bloody Mary’s
Monday: $2.00 off Märzen, $5.00 Mojitos
Tuesday: $2.00 off Czech Pilsner, $5.00 Martinis
Wednesday: $2.00 off Hefeweizen, $5.00 Margaritas
Thursday: $2.00 off all Gordon Biersch Signature Lagers, $2.00 off all wines by the glass, $5.00 Ultra-Premium Cocktails
In addition to their signature handcrafted beers, Gordon Biersch offers an extensive wine list sangria, mojitos, martinis, and margaritas, in addition to the following specialty cocktails:
• SoCo Peach Lemonade – Southern Comfort, Monin Peach Fruit Purée, fresh-squeezed lemonade, topped with Sprite®
• Bar Fly – Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka, fresh-squeezed lemonade, topped with soda water
• Pomegranite Peach Punch – Skyy Vodka, DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps, POM Wonderful pomegranate juice, sour mix, and Monin Peach Fruit Purée
• Housemade Bloody Mary– Housemade Bloody Mary mix with Absolut Peppar Vodka
• Raspberry Ice Pick – Stoli Razberi Vodka, Tanqueray Gin, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Chambord Liqueur Royale, and a splash of Sprite®
• Mai Tai– Cruzan Coconut Rum, Cointreau Orange Liqueur, pineapple juice, fresh-squeezed orange juice, grenadine and a float of Myer’s Dark Rum
• Raspberry Bay Breeze – Skyy Infusions Raspberry Vodka and Monin Raspberry Syrup with a splash of Ocean Spray cranberry juice and pineapple juice
• Barbados Rum Runner – Malibu Pineapple Rum, DeKuyper Banana Liqueur, grenadine, fresh-squeezed orange juice and a float of Myers’s Dark Rum
• Ultimate Arnold Palmer – Grey Goose Vodka, fresh-squeezed lemonade and fresh-brewed tea
• San Francisco Lemonade – Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka, DeKuyper Triple Sec, fresh-squeezed lemonade and a splash of Ocean Spray cranberry juice.
• Long Island Iced Tea – Svedka Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Bacardi Rum, Cointreau Orange Liqueur and sour mix tipped with Coke®
Seating & Hours
The 8,200 square-foot restaurant boasts a main dining area and bar capable of seating 240. There is also a private Märzen room that holds approximately 34 seats with full audio/visual capabilities. In addition, there is a beer garden on the north side of the restaurant that wraps around to the east with a lounge area and fireplace, as well as an outdoor patio on the southeast side of the building. The bar will house multiple high-definition, plasma flat-screen televisions and will also feature a large retractable glass window near the beer garden to create an indoor/outdoor bar environment during warmer weather. Gordon Biersch is open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. Hours of operation are Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.; Monday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (midnight); and Friday and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m. Reservations and private parties are accepted and encouraged. Contact the restaurant for specific dining questions and reservations at 913-451-2379.