The amazing people over at Noodles and Company are giving away a pair of dining vouchers to one of my lucky readers. They have also sent me the recipe for their popular BBQ Mac and Cheese recipe to share with you as well. To enter for the vouchers just comment below on what your favorite dish is there.
Contest ends midnight Wednesday, April 3rd. Winner will be drawn by random.org and notified via email. Be sure to leave a contact email with your comment, or at least be sure it shows when I click on you username, otherwise I have no way of knowing how to get a hold of you. In the meantime, try out the mac and cheese recipe in your own kitchen.
Noodles and Company BBQ Pork Mac and Cheese
Serves 4 -6
· 1 pint cream
· 6 oz cheese (your choice)
· 1 Tb. Butter
· 1 Tb. flour
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Mix the butter and flour together in your hands and set aside.
· Bring the cream to a low simmer in a thick bottomed pot.
· Add the butter/ flour blend and stir with a whisk until smooth and slightly thickened (about 5 minutes)
· Take the pot off the heat, add the cheese and whisk until smooth, season to taste.
· 4 lb pork roast (shoulder or butt)
· 1 – 18 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (reserve ¼ cup for garnish)
· 1 medium onion, diced
· Place pork and onion in crock pot and cover with bottle of BBQ sauce (minus the reserved) and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender and falling apart.
· Pull pork and stir into BBQ sauce so the pork is evenly coated.
· Pour the cheese sauce over, 1 lb. Macaroni noodles (cooked and drained according to box directions).
· Sprinkle 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the noodles.
· Place 12 oz of BBQ shredded pork in the center of the dish
· Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top of the entire dish and garnish with 1/4 cup of crispy onions.