There are plenty of spots around the Kansas City metro offering Mother’s Day specials in 2015. Being a mom myself, I have compiled my top 10 favorite places in Kansas City where I would want to dine. Most places are going to require a reservation so be sure and call ahead.
1. Westside Local – This is my favorite restaurant in KC. The beer garden patio is absolutely fabulous for dining outside. Dishes use local and seasonal ingredients with some coming from the restaurants own on- site garden. Westside Local will be serving from the regular brunch menu as well additional specials just for mom. Reservations: 816-997-9089.
2. Room 39 – This is my second favorite restaurant in KC and they have two locations in the metro. The dishes are made up of local and seasonal ingredients which I love. The four course tasting menu for $45.00 is hard to beat. Mother’s Day Specials include a 3 courses meal for $30. Reservations: Kansas City location: 816-753-3939, Leawood: 913-648-7639.
3. Rye – Locally owned by Chefs Colby and Megan Garrelts, Rye is all about midwestern comfort food and use local farmers to supply ingredients for their dishes. Mother’s Day brunch will be served from 10:30 am-2:30 pm. Reservations are strongly recommended, the sooner the better. Call 913.642.5800.
4. Bluestem – This gem in Westport is another restaurant owned by Chefs Colby and Megan Garrelts and is the epitome of fine dining. Along with a Mother’s Day brunch offered 10:30 am 2:30 pm May 10th, Bluestem also offers an afternoon tea with lovely pastries and assorted tea sandwiches on Saturday, May 9th. There will be seatings at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. $25 per person, $12.50 for children 10 and under.
(Sales tax and gratuity are not included)
Reservations are required and space is limited so grab your spot early! Call 816.561.1101
5. Pig and Finch – This gastropub located in Park Place is known for fabulous food pairing. A brunch pre-set menu will offers the following items: Traditional Pub Breakfast, Crabmeat Omelette, Quiche, Shrimp & Grits, French Toast, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Traditional Eggs Benedict, Veggie Eggs Benedict, and Fried Donut Holes. Mother’s Day brunch will run from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
6. Sullivan’s Steakhouse – The Knockout Martini here is what makes this a favorite spot of mine. This pineapple infused vodka cocktail is dangerously smooth. Try is with brunch that will run from 10:30 am to 3 pm for Mothers Day or for dinner which starts serving at 3 pm. Reservations: 913-345.0800.
7. McCormick and Schmick’s – I am not a huge seafood fan but what I love at McCormick and Schmick’s the Chocolate Bag! It is truly a paper sack made out of pure chocolate filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh berries. Also for dinner ask for the fried chicken. It is a dish that used to be on the menu but is not anymore. I cannot guarantee it will work but on occasion you will get a chef that knows how to make it. Reservations: 816-531-6800.
8. Cafe Verona – This locally owned spot on the historic Independence Square has a beautiful courtyard patio perfect for dining outside. 11 am to 3 pm enjoy a special Mother day menu in addition to regular menu, plus really great sangria for mom. Reservations 816.833.0044.
9. Ophelia’s Restaurant and Inn – I can’t help but mention this other fine dining gem located on the historic Independence Square. It is close to where I grew up so there is a bit of nostalgia that comes with “The Square” as we used to call it. Ophelia’s is offering a Mother’s Day Brunch from 10:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Reservations: 816-461-4525.
10. Barrel 31 – Can you say free? Barrel 31 will celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 10 by offering all moms, grandmas and motherly figures a complimentary brunch entrée from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. In addition, mimosas will be $3 each, as they always are during Barrel 31’s weekend brunch. The Barrel 31 brunch menu now features two new additions created by Executive Chef Eric Carter, the Espresso-Glazed Sticky Bun and the Breakfast Poutine. Reservations: 816-569-3801.